Social Media Manager and Content Creator
Napster, the most iconic brand in music and the longest running independent music streaming service, is looking for a passionate social media expert and content creator to establish and grow our presence across all social media platforms. Napster kicked off the digital era more than 20 years ago and helped more than 100M fans have their first digital music experience. The company was taken private last year by a group of top investors and is now creating the next generation music platform that connects artists and fans leveraging new disruptive technology like AI, Web3, and the blockchain.
Are you passionate about music and making a difference in the way artists and fans connect? If so, you might be the perfect candidate to help realize our vision for the future of Napster.
We are looking for a creative, results driven social media pro to manage our social media, email marketing, and other community development initiatives.
- Develop social media campaigns tailored to each social media channel that supports the company’s larger marketing and brand initiatives.
- Utilize data to measure the performance of all content and social media advertising expressed through retention and acquisition.
- Collaborate with the editorial team to create and launch targeted seasonal and artist based release campaigns.
- Develop and launch marketing plans for major product releases and artists campaigns.
- Define KPIs and KRAs for social media campaigns
- Engage with customers and followers
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer and Hootsuite
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Establish strong relationships with social media influencers to launch partner programs that drive awareness and acquisition.
- Follow all social media trends
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders including senior management and content developers
- Develop brand guidelines for social media content
Skills, Experience, and Job Responsibilities
- 5+ years managing brand campaigns on social media
- 5+ years of communications and/or marketing experience (preferably in tech, entertainment, music industry)
- Exceptional written and visual communication skills
- Strong understanding of media, technology and consumer services
- Ability to cultivate and build strong relationships with new and existing partners and industry counterparts
- Skilled at crafting content that tells a story in Napster's voice and connects with the intended audience
- Solid cross-functional leadership skills with the ability to build consensus among teams (executive leadership, product, engineering, marketing, finance)
- Strong strategic presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Discord, Pinterest, etc.
- Knowledge of industry leading CRM tools.
- Experience building and managing Discord servers and communities a strong plus
- Conceive and produce compelling content for social media and marketing channels.
- Organized and able to multitask
- Bachelor’s required (master’s preferred) in marketing, digital marketing, internet marketing or related field
- Multimedia production skills: video, photo editing.
- Strong copywriting skills, ideally having written articles, copy for large audiences.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare, dental and vision plans for individuals and families
Something looks off?